You want to know how to obtain a System Information file (NFO) from your computer.
System Information files (NFO) contain information about the hardware and software environment of your computer. This file is often requested by support professionals as a way to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with a software application.
To obtain a System Information file (NFO):
- On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.
- In the Run window, type MSINFO32 and then click OK.
- In the System Information window, click the File menu and then Save.
- Set the desired folder to save to, enter a file name, and then click Save.
- Email the NFO file to technical support.
Note: An alternate method to using the WINDOWS-R key and Run window is to type MSINFO32 in the search field in the Start menu (Windows 7), at the Start screen (Windows 8), or in the Cortana search box on the Taskbar (Windows 10).